Are you struggling to keep your home free of mold? Does mold affect your life and possess your home? Do not worry! Today we will discuss everything you need to know about mold, how you can get rid of it and what to do if you are stuck with a persistent mold problem/situation! Expect this article to be very informative to the point of being enlightening!
Bleach Is Your New Best Friend!

If you would like to get rid of mold, consider using bleach and you just may find that you have a new best friend in this amazing substance!

Yes, it is true – bleach can kill virtually every species of indoor mold you can think of! As long as bleach comes into contact with, along with its spores, it will leave a surface sanitized and resistant to future mold growth. So if you want to get rid of mold bleach is the way to go!


However, There Are Situation When Even Bleach Does Not Help
What? Wait, what? Yes, that’s right unfortunately bleach is powerless if the mold is growing on non-porous materials such as tiles, bathtubs, glass and countertops. Bleach cannot penetrate into these porous materials cannot come into contact with mold growing beneath the surface in order to be able to kill it. If you use bleach on the above the surface mold will remain and/or soon return.
Kill Mold With Bleach


If you want to extinguish all mold in your home with bleach products make sure you know that bleach produces harsh fumes! In other words, make sure the area is well ventilated before you begin! Also, wear gloves during the process, since it will help you to protect your hands. Use diluted bleach, by mixing a ratio of one cup of bleach per gallon of water and applies the solution to non-porous surfaces with mold. You can apply bleach using a spray bottle or by using a bucket and a sponge or cloth, either ways it works like a charm. Still, you do not rinse the surface, unless you use the surface for food preparation, or if the surface will come in contact with children or pets, because if you rinse the solution the bleach will not exterminate the mold.

In addition to that, you should also keep in mind that bleach cannot completely kill mold growing in porous materials. In fact, it is also true that the chlorine in bleach cannot penetrate into porous surfaces, drywall or wood, for example.

Also, bleach can damage the materials it’s used on as it is a harsh, corrosive chemical, so be very careful when you use it!

The harsh fumes and toxic gas bleach produces when mixed with ammonia usually affect the people so bleach is often avoided, as there are safer alternatives: borax or vinegar for example. Borax or vinegar do not produce dangerous fumes or leave behind toxic residue. For these reasons try to avoid using bleach and if you must use it, only use it on non-porous surfaces.